Introduction to Load Development
This course covers different types of loads and load distributions that are commonly supported by structural framing products such as engineered wood products and about how tributary area and width are used to determine the loads on structural members. You will learn how to combine tributary width with loads to determine load distributions on members, learn design terminology and review examples of tracking the load path through a structure to determine the design loads on specific members.
In this presentation we want you to become more familiar with:
• Different types of loads and load distribution
• Using tributary area and width to determine the loads on structural members
• Calculating loads on members
• The concept of equivalent loads for determining reactions
• Load path tracking, and
• Basic member design terminology
To access this course you need to sign in.